As the Fernie RV Resort winds down from the first summer and enters the off-season and winter camping, we thank all guests for making our summer successful.
Summer guests expressed thoughtful comments and suggestions here are some of the actions we have taken in response:
– Increased the height and width of the coffer dam on the floor, and moved the shower curtains inside of the new coffer dams to prevent water from spilling out of the shower.
– Increased cleaning frequency to four times per day to ensure a positive experience.
– Added an additional garbage container with lid to receive all feminine products to avoid toilet backups.
– Added soap and hair product holder racks in all showers.
– Modified the coin drops in all machines to eliminate sticking.
– Added signage to add to clarity for use of the equipment.
– Reprogrammed dryers to allow for minimum usage of 15 minutes for $1.00.
– Added new venting to avoid overheating in dryers that was causing shutdown with heavy use.
– Increased the size of many of the directional sings on the property to make them easier to read.
– Supplemented the identification signage on the Administration building.
– Added two bulletin boards, one on the Administration building and one on the main weashroom building.
– Added a light over the Bulletin Boards to allow for more convenient reading at night.
– Added additional signage in the Tent Camping area to clarify which site belonged to which table and fire pit.
Tent Camping Area
– Refined our use policies to clarify maximum numbers of guest per site to avoid overcrowding.
– Added a temporary wash table to allow for cleaning of dishes.
– Located a bear proof garbage container in the Tent Camping Area to reduce distance for guest to dispose of garbage.
– Added four temporary washrooms in the Tent Camping Area, and increased cleaning frequency to three times per day.
– Implemented a sign in requirement to leave a credit card open with us until checkout thereby creating a clear relationship between site use and responsibility for damage.
– Excavated a ring around all fire pits and added pea gravel to clean up the appearance of that area of the site.
– Dropped the level of all sewer drains to increase flow from RV drain hoses.
– A bike wash was added to the admin centre.
We are now in our off-season and activities in Fernie continue in full swing. The leaves are beautiful and the biking and hiking has never been better. Take advantage of our off-season rates and enjoy some quality time in Fernie.
We are also planning the winter season and have great packages for you to spend the season skiing, sledding, snowshoeing and hiking. The nordic skiing and walking trails connect with the Resort and the downhill skiing and snowmobiling are just minutes away.
This spring we will begin extensive amenities and facility upgrades. Stay tuned for details and thanks again for a great summer season.