Today Fernie Alpine Resort started spinning lifts for the season and all of the Nordic skiing and multi-use trails are groomed and in ideal condition. Winter arrived quickly and the town was ready to enjoy our beautiful snowfall!
Holy snowfall! Fernie is very stoked to be opening with incredible snow and FAR will have the following lifts operating: Mighty Moose Platter, Deer Chair, Elk Chair, Bear Chair, Haul Back T-Bar, Timber Chair, and White Pass Chair. The snowpack is already over a metre with 268cms having fallen this season!
The Fernie Nordic Society reported a gorgeous afternoon at the Fernie Golf Club skiing the final rays of winter sunshine. The Golf Club has great coverage, the snow is soft and the trails are being groomed for both skate and classic. Nice and wide too! We can’t thank the crew at Fernie Golf enough for their ongoing grooming! Trail passes are required to ski.
The Great Northern Trail, the Resorts multi-use dyke trail that connects with town, is also groomed and open for all non-motorized activities including walking, running skiing, biking and it’s dog friendly!
The snow showing trails are endless! All of Fernie’s bike and hiking trail network is marked and open for snowshoeing and you might see a few fat bikers on those trails!
Whatever your winter fancy, Fernie offers pure winter magic and we’re open for you!
Fernie RV Resort winter camping features:
• Full-Service Winterized RV sites with all-weather plumbing and 50 Amp electrical hook-ups
• Regular snow clearing of empty sites and resort
• Snow removal for long-term sites is available
• Free high speed Wi-Fi
• Family style private washrooms with sink, shower and toilet
• Commercial laundry facility
• Direct access to the groomed trails giving you instant access to Fernie’s extensive cross-country skiing, walking and biking trail network
• Private location with no through traffic
Long-term Winter Programs:
• Snow Season – December 1 to March 31 – $3400 for the season
• Winter Monthly – December to March – $950 per month
We also offer nightly Winter RV rates and for the adventerous we offer winter tenting!
We hope you’ll join us for the magic of a Fernie winter!
Photos: FAR and FNS